Wednesday, December 31, 2008

What are you doing New Year's Eve?


We had a great Christmas season this year! I am extremely thankful for the many joys that were a part of our festivities- visiting with family, playing games, baking treats, watching the Nutcracker ballet with the whole family- just to name a few. The kids this year were tons of fun! They enjoyed giving their gifts to others (Lauren was still pretty stuck on receiving them), cranking up the Chipmunk's Christmas music, and stopping by every random house staring at their light display. This year we even had our own Christmas Eve service (we weren't feeling too good to go to our church's service) in our living room by the Christmas tree. And though we had four (yes, 4!!) Christmas celebrations, it was a relaxing time. Several times throughout the day, I'd sit back and remember my past Christmas' (aunts and uncles goofing with the kids' new toys, playing Barbies with my cousins) and think these are the years that will fill my kids' memories. I believe we made some good memories this year.

And now the new year is only 7 hours away and Christmas is boxed up. And I am wondering what my New Year's Resolutions are... there are many things that I can not do or do more of but where do I want to focus? Where would God like me to focus? I'm thinking about having several in different areas of my life: the spiritual (I know, this one is all encompassing), the physical, parenting goals, wifely goals, etc. Is that allowed? So, here's to next year! May the memories we make be full of joy and bring glory to God.

No comments: