Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I do

Some may know that I have been increasing my hobby of photography to include portrait shots for other families. This weekend the notch goes a little higher when I shoot (with the great help and talent of my best friend) my first wedding. I am very excited and completely nervous! I've enjoyed the "safe" water of family portraits because if they get botched (which has happened to me before) I can schedule a reshoot. However, we cannot simply "redo" anything for the wedding. I consider it a privilege to be able to this and am excited but my stomach is doing flips. (I believe I'll be more excited after things are said and done- the anxiety is primary currently.) But I am very inspired with this opportunity; my mind is imagining all sorts of settings and poses to capture the beautiful bride and groom. I have loved the creative "storm" I've had the last couple of days. So, we'll see how it goes. Everyone needs to start somewhere, right?

"Happy marriages begin when we marry the ones we love, and they blossom when we love the ones we marry."- Tom Mullen

2 comments:

JessicaLeigh said...

How exciting!! You'll do fabulous, I have faith in you! I can't wait to see what you turn out!

Unknown said...

Wow what a neat time in your growth of a hobby. Who knows what doors this may open. I know I have loved looking at your photography that you have displayed. As a matter of fact, I have been meaning to ask you if you would do some belly shots for me sometime this spring? Good luck shooting the wedding- hope you post some good shots so we can see!