Monday, June 2, 2008

Some milestones



The month of May carried with it some significant milestones. First it was Nathan and Nicole's birthday. They turned 5 years old this month. To me, that is amazing! Where did the years go? How did I get to be a mother to Kindergarteners?? I often look at them and can see their sweet little faces in the hospital the night they were born. I cannot believe that in less than 3 months, I will be dropping my children off for the first time at the classroom doors. You'd better believe that I'll be covering them in kisses and tearing up (that is if I can hold it together and not let loose until I get to the car!). And if that isn't enough for a mom to deal with, the day after their birthday Nicole says to me in all seriousness, "Mom, now that I'm five, can I drive the car?" I know this is gonna come way too soon!

Nate also finished up his last game of soccer this month. This was our families first introduction to organized sports- and Ryan's introduction to coaching. (Did I mention that Ryan didn't know much about soccer before the season started?) It was a new step in the life of our little family! Oh, boy- you should have seen Nathan's eyeballs when he saw his trophy, too. He says to me, "I think it real. Real gold!" He is quite taken to it now; anyone who stops by the house gets to see it (whether they asked or not)... He's even taken to sleep with it as I captured in this picture tonight! :) He had gone to bed without it but when I went to check on him there it was with him in bed- let's hope that it doesn't break; there would be tears for sure!!





But what I think is the best part of this month is that Ryan and I celebrated our 9th anniversary on the 22nd. I consider myself very blessed to have this man call me his wife. I love being married to him; I love that he is my best friend; I love how he loves me! I love that I get to share life with him. I love that I continue to fall more in love with him through the days and weeks. I love our marriage!
Thank you God for blessing us so! You are quite amazing!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, sounds like a lot is happening in your family right now.
Happy Belated Anniversary, I still can remember writing all over your car the day you drove away from your wedding!

Lee said...

Enough of this PDA